Palm Springs Tennis Vacation
March 14 - 16
Palm Springs Tennis Vacation
During the BNP Paribas Open Tournament!
See you in the desert!
- Nine Hour Wild West Tennis Camp from 8:00-11:00 am each morning
- BNP Paribas Open in the afternoon
- Grab and go lunch on the first day
- Cold beverages
- USPTA certified instructors
- All CDC guidelines followed
- Learn how to strike the ball cleanly using PBS Position Balance Strikezone techniques
- Learn how to watch the ball like Roger Federer
- Learn how to Build and End Points
Tennis Camp 8:00-11:00am each day
Palm Desert 2023
Camp 2 March 14, 15, 16
Wild West Tennis Instructors
Introducing our USPTA certified tennis professionals for our Palm Springs Wild West Tennis Camp March 14th - 16th 2023
- Director of Tennis Instruction Deep Canyon Tennis Club.
- Owner Wild West Tennis since 1985 offering Tennis Camps and Grand Slam Trips.
- Coached at the highschool and university level.
- Pro-manager at clubs in Salem, Albany, Corvallis, Gresham, and Sunriver.
- Operated The El Cid Resort and Spa Tennis Academy in Mazatlan, Mexico.
- Former #1 in open mixed doubles and 35 & over doubles in the PNW.
- Former USPTA 35 & over national doubles champion.
- Former PNW USPTA coach of the year.
- Former winner PNW USPTA Tennis Industry Excellence Award
- Author of “Everyone Can Learn Mental Toughness.”
"I would like to highly recommend Steve Vaughn‘s current Spaces Not Faces coaching program. This winter I participated in nine weeks of semi-private lessons focusing on ball placement (as opposed to just returning the shot), and it has helped me immensely! I feel it has greatly upped my game, but it’s comments from the people I play with that have noticed the improvement in my game as a result of Steve’s direction that has has been so satisfying. It REALLY works!"
“Awesome group and great times! Great to know you all!”
“I have been taking private and group lessons for 10 years with Steve Vaughan and learn new ideas and strengths with each workout.”
“Fran, thanks for arranging the Island Tour, it was great fun! Especially the trip up the mountain road – even the switchbacks had switchbacks!”
"Steve Vaughn’s “Hit to Spaces, not Faces” program has improved my game a lot. I’ve played tennis all my life and felt pretty good about my ability to place shots to the empty places on the court. After taking Steve’s program, I now proactively create the spaces that let me hit winners."
The concept works in a couple different ways at least:
- Even if you don’t hit a screamer, if you force your opponent to move return your shot, they can’t set up for a powerful blast back across the net;
- Once you make them move, they are out of position and your next shot should be a winner into the opened up space;
- Since you have Federer eyes, you won’t be watching your opponent as you hit the ball, so using the “spaces” concept, you figure out ahead of time where to hit the ball, move your feet to get in a great return position and fire away to where they ain’t. That takes away one more thing to have to think about…..
- It also lets you play the ball and not have the ball play you.
"Since Steve Vaughan instituted the Spaces not Faces strategy into his teaching program, my game has been greatly enhanced. One more element of attack or offense. I have enjoyed my lessons this year and am excited to have this new weapon in my arsenal."
Board Director, Deep Canyon Tennis Club, Palm Desert, CA
“The small groups into which you are placed allows for maximum observation, practice and play time.”
Committee Chairman, Deep Canyon Tennis Club
“It’s also great to have someone with Steve’s playing ability and teaching experience living right here with us and interacting with us on a daily basis.”
Thank you so much for organizing one of the best vacations I've ever had. It was so much more than advertised! Playing tennis on red clay with a group of fun and interesting people, the resort with the great buffet meals, accommodations and entertainment, the trip to the Nadal Academy and playing on those courts, the island tour, and the bon voyage party with the electric violinist leading us in a line dance at the end. What memories! You really did think of everything to make our trip more fun, memorable, and comfortable. Thank you and your lovely wife.